About Me

My photo
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." I'm a 25 year old girl trying to figure out life in regards to ministry, career, and relationships and striving to glorify God in everything.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I haven't been too incredibly diligent in my journaling as I said I would.
Anyway I'm just going to give a summary of the classes that impacted me and what we learned and some of the things we've had to read.

Starting with the very first class:

He went over the support raising including how to write a support letter (which my opinion is the worst part)....i hate asking for money. But I did it and now its over with and Praise God for that!

We had to make a donor list complete with addresses of people you don't even know who for some strange reason know everything about you. I was blessed to be able to send it to a select few who supported me last summer so I actually knew who I was asking. The major key though to support raising is trusting God that if you are meant to go..He will provide some way for it to happen. So....with all that said, here's a lesson from Paul:

Gifts from the Philippians to Paul:
In Thessalonica (Philippians 4:16)
In Corinth (2 Corinthians 11:8-9)
In Rome (Philippians 4:18)

The following observations from Philippians 4:10-20:

Paul was content (4:10-13)
The Philippians shared with Paul in ministry (4:14-16)
Paul sought blessing for the Philippians (4:17-20)
The Philippians gave to God (4:18, 20)
God will meet your need (4:19)

We need to be content with what we are given not wanting more because like I said, God will provide for you.
We like the Philippians should share ministry whether that means actually going out on the mission field or being partners in prayer.
We should be thankful for the support of our family and friends and pray for them.
We should remember that ultimately we are giving to God and helping those whom we support to be obedient to God.
And the most important thing that has been said over and over....GOD will meet your needs not people. God uses people to help you but do not depend on yourself of others to be your primary support. Only God can do this.

No comments: