About Me

My photo
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." I'm a 25 year old girl trying to figure out life in regards to ministry, career, and relationships and striving to glorify God in everything.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Practical Training in Speech

Today we split up the teams and each of us went to a different mini seminar to learn about different aspects of the trips we will go on. Because we will most likely get an opportunity to share our testimony I went to a seminar about speaking. Betty Price came in to speak to us (LOVE HER!!) and gave us some handy tips about how to speak and make it about God and not about you basically.

The three main points were (I'm not going to go into all of it cause for 1 you're probably too interested and 2 there's a lot):

1. Your Character and Your Heart- The greatest impact of your speaking coms from who you are and your heart
2. Organization- Learn to put material in the form of an outline and to speak from a concise outline
3. Verbal Presentation and Communication ability- Be very prayerful about how God would use you to impact your audience so that they respond to God's truth that you are sharing.

I'm a very fearful person when it comes to speaking in public or in a large group but when I stop and remember that I'm not doing it so that they audience will like me or approve of me but that i'm speaking God's truth to them its much easier to do it.

No comments: