About Me

My photo
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." I'm a 25 year old girl trying to figure out life in regards to ministry, career, and relationships and striving to glorify God in everything.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Child Of God

Today at the prayer meeting there were Koreans, Japanese, and Americans. It was really cool to hear prayer in all three languages. Even though I didn't understand...God did.

Anyway,
One of the missionaries shared a song with us called "Child of God" and as he read the words I really felt like crying...then he played the song on his computer...that didn't help lol but I didn't cry...

I just wanted share these words...it is such a beautiful song.

"With every breath, with every thought
From what is seen to the deepest part
I offer all that I've come to be
To know Your love fathering me

Father You're all I need
My soul's sufficiancy
My strength when I am weak
The love that carries me
Your arms enfold me
Till I am only a child of God

With every step on this journey's walk
And wisdom's songs that the soul has sought
I give myself unreservedly
To know Your love fathering me"

So far on this trip the one thing that keeps coming back to me is that God is all I need. That's so easy to say but SO hard to actually believe. When its so easy to find comfort in other things whether it be music, food, friends, the internet...I can find comfort in so many things other than Him but when it comes down to only being able to truly put my trust in Him I fail most everytime.

Lots to learn....

1 comment:

pinkrosette said...

Moshi. Moshi....I grew up hearing this everytime my mom answered the phone!