About Me

My photo
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." I'm a 25 year old girl trying to figure out life in regards to ministry, career, and relationships and striving to glorify God in everything.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Thoughts for the Day

Isaiah 29:13 says, "The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men."

Am I like these people when I come before God? Do I mindlessly "worship" Him? When I pray, do I remember that I'm before the Most High God? or are my prayers empty routine? At church do I come to fellowship and learn or do I sit through the service, bored and waiting until its over so I can go have fun afterwards?

I'm not sure this is exactly what the passage meant but that's what it made me think about.

....next thought...

I bet most of life's problems could be boiled down to a lack of trust and contentment. If we would stop and enjoy the moment we're in right now and remember that this is where God has us, we could have so much more. Instead we're just waiting for the next big thing to happen, living life from event to event.

I know from when I was a kid I couldn't wait until my next birthday. When I turned 13 I would start planning my 14th birthday party.....that day. I couldn't wait until I got into high school; then the end of my freshman year I couldn't wait until I graduated. Then I couldn't wait to get to Romania and when I got there I couldn't wait to get home and start college. Now I'm going into my sophomore year and I can't wait to get to IBEX...and then graduate...and then move on to whatever God has for me. I need to stop and trust God that this is what He has for me right now and be content...not settle...but be content and enjoy this moment. He never promised another.

James 4:13-15

No comments: